Descendants of Malachi Shoulders
MARTHA SHOULDERS daughter of Malachi Shoulders and Mary (Polly) Gregory was born between 1806 – 1810 in Smith County, Tennessee. Other names for Martha were Patsey or Patsy.
MARTHA SHOULDERS married PITTS GREGORY, son of Jeremiah Gregory and Barbara Rawls.
Noted events in her life were:
- Census M432-896: 14 October 1850, Smith County, Tennessee. Pitts Gregory age 55 is shown with wife Patsy age 40, Mary age 13, Julia age 2, Elijah H. age 8 months, William Shoulders age 22, Lucinda Shoulders age 8, Levi Shoulders age 4 on Page 277, Line 918.
- Census M653-127: 14 June 1860, Smith County, Tennessee. Pitts Gregory appears as Fitz Gregory age 62, with wife Polly age 52, Martha age 15, William age 11, Neil Goad age 62 on Page 288, Line 343.
Children from this marriage were:
- MARY GREGORY was born 1840 in Smith County, Tennessee. Mary Gregory married Robert Hawkins Gregory, son of Thomas Gregory and Elizabeth Gregory on 23 January 1858.
- MARTHA GREGORY was born 1845 in Smith County, Tennessee.
- JULIA A. GREGORY was born 1848 in Smith County, Tennessee.
- WILLIAM GREGORY was born 1849 in Smith County, Tennessee.
- ELIJAH V. GREGORY was born 1850 in Smith County, Tennessee.